About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

I have a love-hate relationship with change...

This photo is from design inspiration

The title of this post says a lot about me.  I'm always excited for change and doing things differently, however, once they start happening I have crazy anxiety....and maybe a little freak out.  Case in point...this past week Jonah moved his stuff to my apartment before he moves to his new place.  The whole moving his stuff in process started to give me anxiety when we were about halfway through.  Seeing the shear quantity of stuff, and knowing that this is going to change my day to day living in my apartment switched the event from being happy and fun to the opposite.  Then, the following day he rearranged some of my things while I was at work, and I have to admit that I had a bit of a melt down.  I like my routine and my things to be just the way I like them.  A lot of consideration and thinking goes into the placement of something in the apartment.  

All of this anxiety and melt downs are totally unwarranted and are over things that when are though about in my head I'm super excited about.  Why wouldn't I want my fiance around for about a month before he starts his job an hour away?  I'm just not good at change, and there are a lot of changes coming up in the next year of my life (moving, wedding, etc).   Moving to Cincinnati a few years ago was a huge change and challenge, and I learned to enjoy aloneness, time to relearn what it's like to have someone else around all the time again.  As a 27 (nearly 28 year old...yikes) I would know how to deal with it so, it's time to give myself a pep talk and learn to deal with things not being my way (I may have to deal with some selfishness issues too :( ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment