About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weekend trip...

This past weekend we trekked to the great white north...Canada...for the wedding of two of our wonderful friends!  (FYI, Jonah and I may have had a hand in setting them up.)

We split the drive up in two days, we stopped by Detroit then headed on.  I'm always amazed at how beautiful it is in Canada.  The friends we stayed with live within walking distance of a bike/running path that runs along Lake Ontario.  I had the opportunity to run along this path, and there were quite a few people out in the morning walking, running, and biking.  I also did a bit of shopping at Lululemon and got a super cute outfit for the Chicago Marathon!!

The wedding was held on Lake Ontario (pic on the top right) in the afternoon, and during the reception we were able to watch the sun setting over the lake (pic on the bottom right).

On the way home we swung by Niagara falls on the Canadian side.  The falls were beautiful (we didn't stop and stay long since parking was $20, ouch!)

It was a great trip (even though Jonah didn't get to eat at Swiss Chalet) and we got to see so many friends and make new ones!

Marathon update:
I've been traveling a lot of weekend, so my long run schedule has been a bit erratic.  Before we went to Canada I did a 14 miler that was....alright.  It was way too humid and way too hot, so I ended up walking about 1/4 mile to go up one of the hills.  I have a few more trips this summer, so I'm going to have to be creative with me running schedule.  Before our vacation I'm supposed to do an 18 miler, guess we'll see when I can squeeze that one in.

No comments:

Post a Comment