About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Late 4th of July recap...


4th of July was a welcome 3 day weekend spent with friends and loved ones.  Jonah and I went to a friends surprise 30th birthday party (big milestone), got to visit with my bff, her husband, and doggie, did lots of sleeping, cooking, and relaxing.

A sampling of our culinary adventure for the weekend is pictured on the left.  On the 4th we made kabobs with sesame-ginger marinated chicken, zucchini, green peppers, eggplant, baby bella mushrooms, and one with jalapenos (for Jonah of course).  We grilled them on the grilla skillet (one of my best purchases from ikea) since I don't have a grill due to lack of outdoor space.  

For the surprise party we attended I tried baking something completely different (for me at least), shortcake.  I made shortcake from a recipe on the back of my baking mix box.  So, it had a thin layer of shortcake-whipped cream-layer of shortcake-whipped cream-strawberries and blueberries arranged like an american flag.  Unfortunately, I didn't get pics of it before we ate it but it was yummy.

Philip was the embodiment of relaxed for most of the weekend.  Playing with my bff's dog totally wore him out.  

A wonderfully relaxing 3 day weekend makes the week go by quickly, tomorrow is already Friday!

Hope everyone else enjoyed the holiday.

2 comments:

  1. mmm.. those kebabs look wonderful, and a little marinade can go a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only let them marinade for a few hours and they were perfect!

    ReplyDelete