About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Friday, July 2, 2010

running with dead legs....

This week running has been more of a challenge than usual.  My legs have felt SOOOO heavy.  I'm blaming it on all the lower body resistance exercises that I did last Sunday and again on Tuesday of this week.  Today especially it was like running through mud, but I dredged through it.  I'll relax the rest of the day, and hope the long run tomorrow goes well.

I've just started reading the book Once a runner, by John L. Parker, Jr., and fictional story about distance runners.  One of the "master's/track club runners" has a program that always gives the young guys dead legs when they try to keep up with his mileage for a week. So, I'm hoping I'll have a great pay off by running through these dead legs this week....I'll try to stay optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment