About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

AHA Heart Mini Year 2...

This is the second year I've been able to participate in the AHA heart mini to raise money for heart disease research/treatment and run a fun race through Cincinnati.

We were blessed with AMAZING weather this year.  Last year amid the drizzle then down pour of rain I was able to enjoy the event.  However, with a great weather the event was so much more enjoyable.  The race started bright and early (7:45am) for the half-marathon.  The course was the same as last year, which is good and bad since I knew where to expect the horribly steep hill.  Although it wasn't my best time, and I felt like puking for at least a mile I still enjoyed myself.  I knew I was running for a great cause and that PB and J sandwiches were waiting for me at the finish!

What added to the event was seeing fellow developmental biology students participating!  The race raises money for such a great cause, not only is heart disease the #1 killer of people in the US, but the American Heart Association provides opportunities for students, like me, and others to receive funding for our research.


No comments:

Post a Comment