About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Monday, July 23, 2012

Marathon training week 1 in review...

photo by lululemon athletica
Last week was the official first week of the 16 week training plan for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon.  In total I logged 28 miles and the long run for the week was a 12 miler on Saturday.  Thankfully, the weather was perfect on Saturday morning.  I got a break from the heat and humidity and could remember why I love running so much.

Heading out at about 7 am with the temperature around 68F with low humidity was refreshing. I ran through all my favorite areas of town at a nice slow pace.  Since the runs earlier in the week are for time, I've decided that my long runs will be for mileage accumulation instead of trying to hit a goal time.

I've chosen the cool running training plan for beginning marathon, which goes beyond the typical 20 mile long run.  Surprisingly, their plans for beginner are typical of what is seen for the intermediate training plans.

All in all, the first week of "official" training was a success.  Let's hope every week is an encouraging as the mileage increases.


No comments:

Post a Comment