About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

3 day fruit fast

As part of the Baron Baptiste 40 days to a personal transformation I did a 3 day fruit fast this week.  I started the three days with a preponderance of fruit that I thought I would never be able to consume in 3 days, turns out I was wrong.  When it's the only thing you are eating, you end up consuming a lot to get enough calories.

There are some foods we usually classify as vegetables that are actually fruits such as avocados, peppers, tomatoes, and squashes.  Butternut squash and peppers were great for some hot foods.  I also got some dates to eat to satisfy those cravings for chewy foods.

The first day of the fast wasn't too bad and the thing I missed the most was caffeine.  Day 2 was more tough then day 1.  I woke up with a headache so I drank half a cup of black coffee.  Alas, I had the headache all day and felt exhausted and fuzzy all day.  I walked across the street and realized I never actually checked the crosswalk sign....so I was really fuzzy.  I went to bed super early that night with a splitting headache.  Day 3 was the best day.

I missed caffeine and oatmeal the most during this process.  The process has allowed me to gain more understanding of my actual hunger and when I'm full.  I've become more aware of my body and what it needs.

Friday was my first day eating "regular" food again, and I got a almond milk mocha from coffee emporium.  I appreciated and savored every sip of that drink!  The hardest part of the 40 days program is over, now I can focus on the meditation and the yoga.

p.s. All the yoga is helping me recover from the marathon much more quickly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment