About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

New Mexico Wrap-up...

One final post about New Mexico.  I really enjoyed my time in New Mexico.  Although the temperatures were relatively similar to that of Cincinnati, the surroundings were so much more beautiful.  The mountains were always in view!

We visited the bridge overlooking the Rio Grande Gorge outside of Taos, New Mexico.  The dizzying several thousand feet from from the bridge was amazing and terrifying at the same time.  There's a giant gorge and in the distance is a mountain.  The earth in this area is all kinds of inverted.  

View from Rio Grande Gorge bridge overlook
bridge overlook



Last image of the bridge overlook of Rio Grande Gorge

We ventured in the town of Taos several days to visit shops, cafes, and restaurants.  On the last day we visited the local toy store, Twirl.  The decor is adorable and the toys are unique.  I may have squealed when I walked in.


Twirl, mustache with mustache

Fountain at Twirl

Art on the outside railing of World Cup Coffee
We went for a hike in another part of the Rio Grande Gorge, and it was simply beautiful.  I was astonished by the scenery all around us.  We saw 3 bald eagles, a large group of big horn sheep, and petroglyphs! Here are some images from our hike.  



Following our hike we toured the Black Mesa Winery and sampled the fruit of their labors (the wine, not the grapes).  


 Mixed into all these adventures were scientific sessions filled with significant discoveries and new impressive data.  I also got a few new ideas for my own project, and I'm re-energized.  


No comments:

Post a Comment