So I wanted to share my week in review with everyone...
On top of usual Cincinnati allergies I also had a head cold/congestion making running/breathing challenging, but I got in all of my training runs. Luckily, the long run this week was only 8 miles. I was worried that I wouldn't get in the long run for this week since we had the Midwest Society for Developmental Biology meeting this week, but I managed to squeeze it in on the one sunny weekend day!
To help with training I've set several goals for the race this year:
- Stay healthy
- Doing training runs, cross-training 2 times a week at least, Yoga 2-3 times per week
- Stay motivated
- I've been listening to several podcasts that will help with this
- Two Gomers Run a Marathon: These guys are beginner runners and they are hilarious as they deal with training mishaps and life.
- Marathon training academy: This podcast gives important information and strategies to consider while training.
- Put together new playlists for my IPOD (which I will share the top playlists on here)
- Run Chicago faster than I ran Columbus!
Most of the long runs this year will be during the blistering hot and humid days of July and August!