About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

I can see clearly now the rain is gone...

It's been rainy for most of the week here in Cincinnati, but today the clouds have broken and it's semi-sunny and super warm.  So around lunch time I trekked down to the street to one of my favorite places in all of Cincinnati....the Cincinnati Zoo.  I think getting a zoo membership was by far one of the best investments I've made.  One of my main motivations for visiting the zoo today is that there is now a baby Aardvark, who's name is Padmae!  I got to the nursery and she was sleeping, which is typical for the
aardvarks.  Most of the time I'm there they are sleeping.  But she was adorable!

It was refreshing to spend a short time at the zoo.  There were hundreds of kids there for field trips today and they were running around everywhere, and stations were set up for bird watching since it's bird migratory days.  It was a great pick-me-up for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment