About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

mmmmm Kale chips...

It seems like a lot of people are talking about Kale chips.  They're apparently a great alternative to potato chips.  I figured I'd give them a try since I really like other types of greens.  I got one bunch of kale from whole foods and cut off the stem and core, then cut the leaf part into small pieces.  After washing and drying the pieces with the salad spinner I tossed them in a bit of olive oil and kosher salt and baked them at 350F for about 10 minutes.

Although it made my apartment smell a bit cabbagey, they kale chip lives up to the hype and satisfied my craving for something salty and crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment