About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lexington Labor Day adventures in review.

I look forward to the small break provided by Labor Day every year, for many reasons.  First, it's my mom's birthday :).  The three day weekend is a small refresher after the hectic summer.  We spent this labor day is Lexington where were attended the fest-of-ales, rested by the pool, had our ever important fantasy football draft (Yes, I drafted Drew Brees in the first round...like every year!), and enjoyed some down time.
The boys are prepared with the Fest-of-Ales Tickets.  We're prepared for 20 fine brew samples.  

A HOT evening with awesome friends.  

Fantasy football draft....it's a very serious event. 
Pool time.


Pool time with my fave floppy hat to protect myself from a the sun.  
First bag of autumn mix of the fall!  Delish! I look forward to this every year. 

This year's autumn mix was tested by Philip, he enjoyed it. 

Whether it's the rainy, grey weather or the yearning for another day of relaxation, I'm experiencing some lack of motivation this week.  Don't get me wrong, I'm still getting stuff done but it's like pulling teeth.  I need to find that motivation before the weekend when we head to Paoli Peaks, IN for the rugged maniac race (3.1 miles with 14 obstacles and a fire jump).

No comments:

Post a Comment