About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This race made me feel both rugged and like a maniac....


This past weekend we ventured to southern Indiana (Paoli Peaks) for a 5K filled with obstacles (I mentioned it in my previous post), The Rugged Maniac!  We got up early to drive from central Kentucky to our race site, and arrived in time to check out the first wave of runners in the first wave.   To our delight we saw a team of mimes competing.  

Our starting time rolled around and our team (the Bushwackers) were out of the gates, and the race began with a steep down hill, then up hill, and TONS of obstacles.  I'm proud to say that I made it over the first 4 ft wall by myself, and had help over the other three.  

During one of the final obstacles I dove into the water/mud and scraped my leg on a rock (see above), but didn't really notice until later since we were surviving on adrenaline like maniacs.  After the race I started to notice the scrapes and bruises which enhanced  the feeling of ruggedness.   

The rugged maniac was a great physical challenge, and I hope our team comes back next year to take on the course.  What other races are on the docket?  The Tap n Run 4k (running with beer stations, a different kind of physical challenge) in October, 1/2 marathon in November, and a full marathon in January.




No comments:

Post a Comment