About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Restorative weekend

This weekend was a much needed break from the hustle and bustle.  I allowed myself to sleep more and relax.  On Saturday I went for a nice run, many of the runners were very friendly which I think is because the humidity is gone so everyone enjoys it much more.  After running I went to an adult ballet class with a friend.  It's been almost 17 years since I've had a ballet class, and this class marketed as beginners was more like intermediate.  It was fun and we are trying another class, this one more basic, in a week and a half.  Following ballet we got mochas at coffee emporium (YUM).  The rest of my weekend was not nearly as eventful.....I relaxed and caught up on some episodes of lie to me, ran errands, went to the library, read, walked the pup, and cleaned my apartment.  Phil and I did stop at hyde bark pet shop for a treat, carob cupcake for him, on our walk.

As I mentioned in my last post I've been thinking a lot about the 29 day gift challenge.  I started it last week, and I've been journaling my progress.  I'm going to add updates along the way about the challenge here on my blog.  I'll let you guys know what the gift I gave for the day was and my thoughts on the process.  As a sneak peak I'll let you all know that the mindset that this challenge brings along with it has restored some of my optimism.  Happy Monday and let's let the feeling of relaxation from the weekend carry over into the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment