About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Korean wedding ducks....


Jonah and I received Korean wedding ducks recently as a wedding gift.  I first learned of this tradition while doing research to planthe wedding.  The ducks symbolize a lifetime commitment since ducks mate for life.  The wooden ducks also give others a clue as to the state of your relationship.  If the ducks are facing each other (like in the picture) then things are going well, conversely if they are facing away from each other then the couple is upset with each other.  You may notice the tassels from the bill of each duck, which is supposed to be a bill bound by thread to remind us that silence is powerful.  (Great lesson that I seem to forget)

We haven't decided who is which duck.  (Jonah thinks he should be the blue duck.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment