About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Premiere night...

Midnight viewing of harry potter 7 part 2 was a total success!  We got into the theater about 2 1/2 hours before the movie started to get our seats.  Then, we just hung out and watched all the other crazy people sharing the theater with us.......someone dressed as a flying snitch was chased around by wizards....groups were singing harry potter musical songs....and there were just awesome costumes to observe.

I dressed up as a hogwarts student with fun buttons and had to learn how to tie a tie.  Also, made a wand out of a dowel rod, masking tape, and paint.

The movie ended up being good.  I'm going against popular opinion since I don't think it was amazing.  There were some major inconsistencies from part 1 and 2, and some important things left out of or changed from the book.  That being said I enjoyed the movie, and I understood what was happening since I'm familiar with the book story.  Just as a warning...if you haven't read the books there may be a few times you are confused.

I feel bittersweet about this being the last movie....but I'm happy that I probably won't be going to the midnight showing of too many other movies for the rest of my life.  I'm too old for this stuff.  Taking in a lot of caffeine to get through the day today....

No comments:

Post a Comment