About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Louisville 1/2 marathon race review....

Post race pic...guess who's dog was uncooperative? 

The Louisville Sports Commission Half-marathon took place this past weekend!  I finished the race in 2:00:38.  I would have loved to have a 1 instead of a 2 at the beginning of that time, but there will always be more races.  

On Friday we picked up our packets/shirts with literally 2 minutes to spare since there is crazy construction from Cincy to Louisville.  We had a nice filling dinner at steak n' shake (we both got grilled chicken sandwiches...so not too bad) and some free froyo at orange leaf.  

Saturday morning we were up and at em pretty early.  The weather was a bit cold, but we knew it was going to be sunny and get much warmer.  The course was nice but they ran out of water at the 2nd water stop, and after the race you had to wait in line for about 15 minutes to get a bagel and fruit.  I'll cut them a bit of slack since this was the first race.  

The course went through the hilly area of Cherokee park not iroquois park like I mentioned on Friday (different park, just as many hills).  

Overall, it was a fun race and a wonderful time visiting Mo!

No comments:

Post a Comment