About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful...

Today is thanksgiving, and one of my favorite holidays. Increasingly our society is overlooking day since its not as marketable as say Christmas. The Christmas decorations and store promotions are presented earlier and earlier every year.

I'm an advocate for thanksgiving. True, it's always around my birthday, but my love for this holiday goes beyond the superficial. Thanksgiving is about pausing to consider what you have received from the world, a family, steady work, happiness, and anything else that makes you who you are.

We don't automatically deserve to live plush comfortable lives simply because we exist. So we need to express thanks for the great things in our lives by thanking God (or the higher power you believe in) and generally putting our thankful energy out into the world.

Celebrate thanksgiving and take time today to consider all the large and small things you are thankful for this year.

This year I have a lot to be thankful for:
My husband, this is our first married thanksgiving.
My family
Our pup
I'm thankful that I'm able to personally develop and be ever evolving in a positive manner.
My friends and all the support they provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment