About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

One day a year....

Today I begin another year of life!  Birthdays have always been a big deal in my family. You were able to choose what we had from breakfast and dinner, and many times we were able to skip school and do whatever we pleased.  Being the birthday kid also allowed us a waiver from all chores on that day.  Maybe we were a little bit spoiled.  As I get older I appreciate the ritual of celebrating the passage of another year.  I still like to make a big deal of my birthday.  I think just thinking that you have one day a year to yourself can make that day special and have positive thoughts for the day.  

Jonah sent me flowers at work this year....

this is how they looked when they arrived...

and this is the final product a few days later...beautiful!

I'm hoping to spend some time considering all I've learned in the last year.  There have been quite a few life changing moment, including getting married.  I do have to say that I'm much happier on this far end of my 20s.  

No comments:

Post a Comment