About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

8 days with no running...


All last week I refrained from running since I had cramp in my leg that just wouldn't go away.  I think it has to do with a touch of tendonitis along my lower leg.  (I've been doing a lot of reading on the internet about it.) What I learned from the week is that:
-I enjoy cycling but i was starting to get bored of it after 8 days 
-I was beginning to envy the people who could get out and run
-I missed the way I could clear my head during a run

I've been able to run two times this week and both times felt great (a little tight at the beginning but found my stride and really enjoyed every step).  I need to really embrace cross training days and days off.  I had been running as many days as possible recently since the mornings had been perfect weather.  

I'm back to running and hopefully I'll be smarter about it to prevent any injury flare ups in the near future.  I'm using the stick, foam roller, stretching, ice, and heat to help my muscles stay nice and limber.  

No comments:

Post a Comment