About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

post hot workout treat....yum

I'm sure most of you are in the same boat as me right now....it's super hot and humid outside even in the morning.  So, I've been making a nice healthy cool smoothie post morning runs or after a long walk in the evening with the pup. This is the perfect time of year for fruit smoothies since so many fruits are coming into season and are so much tastier! Here's what goes into it:

1 banana
3 strawberries
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 ice cubes

blend it all together

Tada, it's a refreshing treat.  You can mix in all types of fruit.  I chose these because bananas are naturally really sweet when they are ripe, and when blended add a creamy effect to the smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment