About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Another week closer to the Disney Marathon...

Training for the Disney Marathon in January is in full swing.  Last week consisted of a few cross-training days, an easy run, a hills run, and a long run of 14 miles.

Saturday is my designated long run day and I headed out last Saturday to a nice crisp fall morning.  The running was slow going at the beginning, but about 4-5 miles into it I found my pace and was averaging 8:45 to 9:30 minute miles, depending on the hills.  The run felt great.

When I got home I was ready to jump into a nice hot shower and eat some food, but I had to wait since I LOST MY KEY!!!  During the run it had apparently stuck to my ipod as I pulled it out of my pocked and fell out.  I'm still not sure where it ended up, luckily a friend with an extra key to my place was home.  There was a lot of excitement/nerves for a few minutes.

This week's long run is 16 miles.  I'm going to try some new gels during the run to see if I can tune in my nutrition during the long run.  Hopefully it goes well.

Happy halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment