About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Loads of excitement this week...

I knew this week was going to be interesting at about 3am on Monday when....our apartment complex caught on fire.  The fire was contained the the stairwell of the opposite side of the building from where we live, but it was a bit startling none the less.

Then, for most of the week I was imparting knowledge to a fellow student.  (Basically she just observed a protocol, but it was interesting being watched.)

Thursday night I tried my first TRX class.  Previously I had played on the suspension cables a bit at the gym, but never taken a class.  I quickly realized that my balance is not too great, but I had a blast.  The class was upbeat and lively for an overcast grey evening.

Today is the Friday before halloween so the cafeteria staff is dressed up, and a coworker has a ridiculously funny mustache today!  Enjoyable.  And by far the best part of the whole week....the full lululemon store (within walking distance from home) opened and I stocked up on a few essentials.

This weekend is going to be just as exciting...we're going to a friend's halloween party!  We get to spend time with friends that we def. don't get to see enough of, and get to wear fun costumes.  We have our costumes all picked out and ready, what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment