About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Food label revamp?

Today I ran across this article on MSN, which describes the governments proposal for new food labels.  Since americans are too busy to read nutrition facts and make up their minds on their own, they want to implement a system like energy start for appliance purchasing.  To me it feels like our society is getting close to a point where thinking about food isn't important and you buy/eat what is marketed as "healthy".

I have a better idea.....buy real unprocessed foods!  Take the time to prepare meals in advance.  You won't have to worry about transfat content if you use real unprocessed foods.  Also, I have to advocate for parents teaching healthy eating habits to their kids......it just has to happen.

I will now step down from my soap box.




No comments:

Post a Comment