About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day Celebration in the Lab recap...

                                                             Happy Rainbow Cake!
Yesterday was Earth Day and we celebrated in our lab!  Our awesome lab manager made this fun rainbow cake with delicious buttercream icing!  I have to say it made the day, and smelled amazing.  In addition to fun cake we also planted some herbs and flowers.  This has become our yearly Earth Day celebration....snacks and planting something.  
We recycled pipette tip boxes with holes drilled in the bottom as planters.  
We now will have a nice lab herb garden with basil, lavender, and rosemary.  Also, we'll have bachelor's buttons and marigolds!  Just a fun time in the lab!  

No comments:

Post a Comment