About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Monday adventure with Philip...


On Monday evening I came home to a beautiful weather and a hyper puppy dog.  Although he is nearly 4 years old (his birthday is April 23), he has hardly slowed down.  So, we loaded up in the car and went to Ault Park! Philip loves being in nature and exploring, that's the hound dog part of his mutt-ness.  













We hiked the tree trail and around the park before watching the sunset.  I have to admit that this was a greatly relaxing evening, especially after coming home to the dog mania.  You can tell that during our hike Philip was interested in EVERYTHING from rocks to plants to logs.  


He ate numerous unidentifiable objects.  Luckily, they had not effect on him.  He might be small but he's tough.  So tough that I still have to use the gentle leader or he almost pulls my arm off when he tries to chase a squirrel.  (Those darn squirrels just seem to torment him.)  Unfortunately, we didn't meet other fun animals except a few other dogs.  Maybe next time. 

All the trees had blossomed and everything was bright green...



Ault Park has a great view! This is the area we watched the sunset.  


So, that was our great adventure to start out the week.  Philip and I were worn out after our hike and lounged the rest of the evening!  We are planning on exploring more of Mt. Airy park as well this year.  Last year we stuck to the same couple trails....it's time to expand and explore.  Little adventures help make the week less monotonous and exciting.  I find that if I don't TRY to do something different, I will inevitably have roughly the same schedule daily.  And, I'll do the same thing everyday.  I'm sure Philip doesn't appreciate the same walk through daily, but he does like that the Valet at The Red has dog treats! Anyway, here's to exploring and adventure.    

Update on my garden.......the first sprouts came up this morning.  They are lettuce sprouts.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the tomatoes will grow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment