About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Louisville minimarathon recap...

This past weekend I ventured to Louisville, KY to run the Kentucky Derby Festival minimarathon.  I ran with my bff Morgan.  After very little sleep on Friday night we pried our eyelids open at 3:45 a.m. to head to downtown Louisville and get on a bus to the starting line.  By the starting line there was the longest line I have ever seen for the port-a-potties.  The race sold out so there were approximately 15,000 people there, and the start was a sea of runners/walkers.  This was a challenging race since it was raining for the first 3/4 of the race, then the sun came out and it was super humid.  Overall, it was fun and we survived to the finish.  As you can see in our photo we wore super stylish rain ponchos!  I felt like the hulk when I ripped it off around mile 2.  After partially recovering following the race we headed to dinner at 5 guys, which is now going to be one of my favorite burger places.  Although the rain had subsided near the end of the race, it started again in the evening.  This time it came in the form of a thunderstorm with a short interlude of sun creating an AWESOME double rainbow!  To end out exciting day we went to watch Morgan's husband play with Alice Blue Gown.  They are local Louisville band that totally rocked My Bar!  It was so refreshing being able to catch up with such a great friend and be able to meet new people!  What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment