About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Last run...

Sunday was my last run in my old running shoes.  I was trying to hold off, but alas my shin splints were telling me otherwise.  Getting a new pair of running shoes is always bittersweet.  Although, I only run in them for about 5 months a pretty strong bond is formed.  A pair of running shoes are usually the only one with you in the morning on your run, and they are there during those grueling long runs.  They are abused with rain, mud, whatever happens to be on the sidewalk, and sweat.

So, to say good bye to my old friends I usually plan a special final run.  Sunday was my tapering long-ish run before the Louisville minimarathon next Saturday.  Luckily, the weather in Cincinnati was wonderful so I laced up my sneakers and headed out to the hills of Ault Park.  I typically don't run to Ault Park, rather I drive there and go onto the trails.  However, in honor of the last run I decided to take on the hills leading up Ault Park.  I have to admit, that I thought I was in pretty good shape from running hills in Hyde Park.  Boy was I wrong.  I didn't have to walk up any hills (yay!!But I did feel like it several times),  however, this run felt harder than the 12 miler from last weekend.  Needless to say, this was a great way to say good bye to these shoes for running.  They will now be retired to cross-training shoes/walking the dog shoes.

So, on this Monday morning it's time to start a new journey with a new pair of shoes.  I have to admit that I love the new shoe smell.  So good bye old shoe friend and hello new pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment