About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Earth Day eve and some random thoughts...

Happy Earth Day eve.  Every earth day I think about what I can do to reduce my overall waste and imprint upon the world negatively.  So, here's what I've done this past year to celebrate the earth.


  • Recycle (most of the time since my apt complex does not have a recycling bin and I have to take it somewhere else)
  • Walk/ride my bike when going to a place relatively close to where I live
  • Use reusable bags at the grocery
  • Try to use electricity in my apt by unplugging unused appliances and turning off lights when I'm not in the room.  
  • Reusing plastic bags that I have from getting fruits and veggies
  • When I can afford it I purchase organic produce and milk.  
  • Grow an indoor herb garden...so it's very locally produced!
So, those are a few little things that I do.  Hope you are doing things to help the Earth as well!

Here are some random thought and things from the first half of this week that I wanted to share....

On my run this morning I saw a raccoon crossing the street, using the cross walk.  I presume he was on his way to the Buskin bakery in hyde park which smells amazing while they are baking cookies!!

On our walk one day this week Philip and I saw a deer standing on the railroad tracks beside a super busy street across the street from my favorite thai/sushi place....The Green Papaya.  Maybe the deer was having a sushi craving.

The wild life in the Cincy is out and about in the city!

Also, I finally watched Inglorious Bastards this weekend.  It was a totally Tarantino-tastic movie with a bit of gruesomeness, comedy, and overall interesting story.  I was hesitant to want it at first, however, the movie exceeded my expectations.  It was also great to see BJ Novak (Ryan on The Office) in a supporting role.

That's all from me for now.  Hope you enjoy the randomness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment