About Me...

My photo
Cincinnati, OH, United States
I'm a scientist , yogi, book worm, scifi junk, and I'm a little obsessed with my pup. My life is full of discovery both in the lab and out of the lab. This blog is my place to share my experiences as a person trying to stay happy and healthy in this crazy world.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thankful for the small things...

The past day or so I've been thinking about the small everyday things that I'm thankful for.  Maybe it was brought on by the decreased humidity and pleasant temperature, or maybe I'm just in an agreeable mood.

Last night while walking Phil-dog I was admiring the colors this time of year.  The vivid greens and bright pinks and oranges of the flowers.  There's one yard in particular in Hyde Park that is bursting with wild flowers and has zillions of zenias!  I smile every time I pass.  (which is most mornings while I'm running)

I've also been thankful that I have my husband, which means I have someone there for me no matter what I'm going through.  There's a confidence and stability that it provides.  And he's just a great guy who also makes me smile!

Being thankful for the small things has helped brighten up the week since most of my experiments have inevitably not worked the way I expected.  Tis the life of a scientist.

No comments:

Post a Comment